Blog

Another Restoration

Today, or should I say tonight marks the night that I can say I am finally finished with another restoration project! yay! This project that I have been working on is for my Father in-law, and let me tell you it was a tough one! For starters the photo was from a newspaper clipping and to top it off it was preserved with tape! yes tape my friends! At first I was tempted to heat it up and try and peel it off, but after testing a small unimportant section I decided that peeling was going to be a huge "NO GO!" if I were to keep the integrity of the clipping. So in the end I just scanned it and had to pull, with the help of the clone tool, from the little clean sections that were left. In the end I think I did a pretty good job considering the state of the photo. I wish I could have taken more snapshots of the process, but that didn't happen and in the end I think it I would get the same effect from posting a before and after. Alright, well its bed time and I have a long day tomorrow =) so here you go!!!!! 

BEFORE 

BEFORE 

AFTER

AFTER

William HarrisComment